Saturday, November 15, 2008

Half Marathon

Today I finished my first half-marathon! I've been nervous the last couple days because I've been wanting to complete one for about a year, but I've just been too chicken to sign up for one. My new running partner said she'd run in it too, so we've been training pretty hard the last 5 weeks. This run benefitted our local Harvesters Community Food Network. At 8:00am this morning it was 35 degrees, snow flurries and winds out of the north blowing up to 20mph. But believe it or not, I got HOT and had to shed a layer. You think by now I'd learn how to dress for the elements! My main goal was to finish without walking and my secondary goal was to finish in 2 hours. I achieved my first goal and the official time results were just posted...1 hour 58 minutes (and 17 seconds). I finished 7th in my age group. My running partner finished 9 minutes ahead of me (1 minute for every year younger than me she is!). She also finished 7th in her age group. Jolee took a picture of me when I got home, but I'm choosing not to post it...(windblown, stocking cap, and sweat is what you'd see). Now where did I put those pain pills?.....

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome. I hope you're super proud of yourself because you certainly should be. I don't know if this is something I could ever do (or that I'd want to do) but I can only imagine the sense of accomplishment you must feel. How in the heck do you find the time to do all of this running, anyway??

    ReplyDelete