I have been making jewelry for a few years now (earrings, necklaces, bracelets), just basic beading. It's been fun because I am a jewelry-aholic, just like my mom. Every once in a while a friend will ask me to make something for them or a relative and I really enjoy personalizing jewelry for them. My mom has also picked up the hobby and is doing quite well selling her pieces. She even has a table in a store in Colby where she can sell them!
I just learned how to make a new type of bracelet. I love learning new techniques. I've shared this design with my mom in hopes that she can make them and be even more profitable! I mainly do it just for fun...but I may need to get a bigger jewelry box soon! Here are some pics of the new pieces I've made along with a bracelet I custom made for a friend to give as a Christmas gift this year. 




Jane those are beautiful!! How fun. I haven't been on your blog in awhile and was catching up. When I read your story about the girls having an extra 20 minutes in the morning and they were reading....I thought man how in the world did they have extra time before they had to leave for school?!!!! Addison's school starts at 9 and I'm lucky to leave the house by 9!!! I don't know what we will do when it's real school and really matters if she is there on time!! Your girls are beautiful!!
ReplyDelete