Yesterday I ran my 4th half marathon, my 2nd one this year. The Hospital Hill half marathon is rated by Runner's World magazine as the 2nd toughest half marathon in the U.S.! No wonder it kicked my butt! This was my 2nd time running this race and for some reason, this time was so much harder. My alarm clock went off at 4:50 a.m. and I rolled over to check the weather...it was already 75 degrees! Now, this may seem like a pleasant temperature, but when you're running, this is pretty hot! Thank goodness it was cloudy all morning! This run takes you through many scenic areas of Kansas City. The scenery included the Nelson-Atkins Museum, the pretty UMKC campus, the awesome neighborhood of Brookside and the Plaza, just to name a few. However, some other "scenery" we saw was several people stopping to toss their cookies and a girl on a stretcher getting loaded onto an ambulance. Did I say this was a tough course? Anyway, I was never so happy in all of my life to cross a finish line! Although I didn't beat my goal time, I'm proud of myself and all of my friends for finishing. Two times running this race is enough for me! Farewell Hospital Hill...it's been an amazing journey!
At the start line...I am in the middle wearing pink.
Finish Line!
I ♥ this medal!
No comments:
Post a Comment