"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things." -RB
Thursday, December 4, 2008
The Spirit of Giving
I often think of how blessed my children are. I remind them often that not all children have the things that they have. I periodically go through my house and find things we no longer need or use and give them to people who can. Today, we went through ALL of the toys in our house (and yes, it took all day). We were able to gather FIVE large bags of toys that were in great shape, but no longer played with. I gave them to families in need. The people who picked them up were very excited and grateful. I explained to Macey and Jolee that their toys were going to go to children who didn't have many toys. I don't know if they fully understand it, but I know that one day they will. Anyway, it makes me feel good that we are able help others who are less fortunate. Somewhere there are children who are excited tonight to get a "new" toy or will have a brighter Christmas. And, isn't this what the Season is all about? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment