We went to the Agricultural Hall of Fame. Honestly, I didn't think the kids would have much fun, but boy, was I wrong! The trip proved to be very educational, very hands-on, and a LOT of fun! Macey got to plant sunflower seeds (which she brought home and are now 3 inches tall), milk a cow (she wasn't real, but it was still fun), throw cow patties (again, not real, but they sure looked real!), grind corn into flour, wash clothes on a wash board, wring out the clothes and hang them on the line, beat dust out of rugs, go on a hayrack ride, tour an old farm house, learn about the importance of bees, and sit in a real one-room school house. Whew! After all of that, we got to have a picnic and play at a park. Needless to say, I was exhausted and so were the kids. One of Macey's classmates actually fell asleep on the bus on our way back to the school. It was a great day and I'm so happy that I got to spend it with Macey.
"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things." -RB
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Field Trip!
Last week all of the 2nd graders at Macey's school got to go on a field trip. I volunteered to be a parent helper. The kids were very polite and kept calling me "Mrs. Gaschler", but Macey told them, "it sounds weird when you call her that...just call her mom!". :)
We went to the Agricultural Hall of Fame. Honestly, I didn't think the kids would have much fun, but boy, was I wrong! The trip proved to be very educational, very hands-on, and a LOT of fun! Macey got to plant sunflower seeds (which she brought home and are now 3 inches tall), milk a cow (she wasn't real, but it was still fun), throw cow patties (again, not real, but they sure looked real!), grind corn into flour, wash clothes on a wash board, wring out the clothes and hang them on the line, beat dust out of rugs, go on a hayrack ride, tour an old farm house, learn about the importance of bees, and sit in a real one-room school house. Whew! After all of that, we got to have a picnic and play at a park. Needless to say, I was exhausted and so were the kids. One of Macey's classmates actually fell asleep on the bus on our way back to the school. It was a great day and I'm so happy that I got to spend it with Macey.






We went to the Agricultural Hall of Fame. Honestly, I didn't think the kids would have much fun, but boy, was I wrong! The trip proved to be very educational, very hands-on, and a LOT of fun! Macey got to plant sunflower seeds (which she brought home and are now 3 inches tall), milk a cow (she wasn't real, but it was still fun), throw cow patties (again, not real, but they sure looked real!), grind corn into flour, wash clothes on a wash board, wring out the clothes and hang them on the line, beat dust out of rugs, go on a hayrack ride, tour an old farm house, learn about the importance of bees, and sit in a real one-room school house. Whew! After all of that, we got to have a picnic and play at a park. Needless to say, I was exhausted and so were the kids. One of Macey's classmates actually fell asleep on the bus on our way back to the school. It was a great day and I'm so happy that I got to spend it with Macey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment