Pre-race picture of me and my running friendsToday I completed my 2nd half marathon. And wow...it was a doosey! The name of the run was the Hospital Hill Run. And believe me, the word "hill" was in the title for a reason! The run started in downtown KC at Crown Center. It was a pretty scenic run that included downtown, some really neat neighborhoods and the Plaza. But, it was full of rolling hills. Once you thought you were re-couped from one hill, another one would start. We were totally blessed with perfect running weather...70 degrees and overcast. I felt great for 10 miles and then I hit a wall...literally...there was a hill that went on for a complete mile that just about took the wind out of my sails. Luckily, 2 great friends came by and I was able to finish the race with them. My goal was to finish in less than 2 hours. My official time was 1:59:00! I made it by the skin on my teeth! Whew...I think my legs deserve a little break!
FINISH LINE!!
Front of race shirt:
No comments:
Post a Comment