Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Peonies...my favorite flower

When I was growing up, my grandma and grandpa lived out in the country.  They had a small, white farmhouse and a separate one-car garage.  I remember all along the garage, my grandma had planted peonies.  Every spring they were SO beautiful!  When I was still little, they decided to move to town.  Once again, my grandma planted peonies, but this time they were right in front of their porch.  Ever since then, whenever I saw peonies, they reminded me of my grandma.  And, the smell...oh, the beautiful smell!  Takes me back to my childhood every time!  Well, now that I have my own house, I have peonies in my front yard AND my back yard!  I love them and they are gorgeous...it's like a little piece of grandma is here with me every day in the spring.  And, if we ever move, the peonies are coming with us! 




No comments:

Post a Comment