Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Half Marathon #3

I ran in my 3rd half marathon on Saturday, April 10th.  The weather was PERFECT for running (mid 50's), the sun was shining and I was in the company of friends...you just can't ask for a better race!  I trained with my friend Tracy for 10 weeks.  We ran the first 10 miles together.  After that, I got a 2nd wind and ran the last 3 miles all in under 9 minutes each.  When I got to the finish line, I was totally surprised to see Grady and the girls!  It's amazing how seeing them there made all the pain in my body go away.  It was the perfect ending to a beautiful race. 

Tracy and I (there's a smile, it must be early!)


 

 
Beth, Cheryl, Tracy, Bridget, Mendy and I


 
We had a celebratory BBQ that evening.  One of my friend's sons made this sign for us that was displayed on the front of their house.  How sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment