Race day was a little chilly, but once we got going, we warmed up quickly. I let Macey set the pace and ran right along side her. I kept encouraging her and asking her if she was OK. She never wanted to stop...except at mile 2 at the water station! We had decided to hold hands when we crossed the finish line, but while we were coming up the home stretch, someone yelled, "beat your mom!", so I told Macey, "go ahead, beat me!"...so she took off...and beat me! Her official chip time was 30 minutes and 3 seconds! She placed 3rd out of 47 in the Female 10-Under age group. Trophies were given out to the top 3 finishers of each age group, so Macey got a trophy!
Grady, Jolee and Emmy were at the finish line to greet us. Grady captured some fun finish line pictures. After the big race, Emmy and Jolee participated in a Fun Run where they each got medals, too. It was a great way to spend a Saturday morning.
Runner girl before the race
One sweet 9 yr old running for another...
Macey & I before the race
Coming up the home stretch...Macey beating her mom!
At the finish line...Macey won!
Enjoying a post-race donut...or two!
Emmy in the Fun Run
Jolee in the Fun Run
So proud of her medal!
Another proud medal winner!
Macey & I after the race
Macey's trophy
Miss Speed Racer showing off her trophy!
Great job, Macey! We are so proud of you! ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment