My friend was hoping that the baby would come before midnight so she'd have two daughters with birthdays on the 28th of the month. And, we thought that might happen because from 9:00 to 10:00, she dilated from a 5 to an 8. We thought, "Great, she's moving right along! We're going to see a baby before midnight!". But, the dilation stalled and midnight came and went. Myself and the other friend who was there decided we'd stay a little longer and wait for the doctor to check our friend's progression one more time. It was about 1:00am and the doctor thought that it would be OK to start pushing. Now we're talking!!
I had never seen a vaginal delivery before, and I was in complete and total awe. When the baby started crowning, the doctor called my friend and I over to see. How amazing! Then, with a couple more pushes, the head came out and we saw her little face....THAT was when it all became real for me. WHAT A MIRACLE! With the next couple pushes, Quinn Elise was born.
Watching a baby being born is watching the ultimate miracle unfold before your eyes. I was humbled, in awe, so excited, and so happy for my friend and her husband. That little girl will always hold a special place in my heart. Aunt Janie ♥'s you.
| Quinn and her mama |
No comments:
Post a Comment