Sunday, March 27, 2011

Look Ma, NO GLASSES!...Part 3

I had my Lasik surgery yesterday.  I was quite nervous for about a week...not about the procedure itself, but about the outcome.  I can handle pain, I can't handle being blind.  Thank God, I came through with flying colors!  The procedure itself was a cake walk.  So easy!  So quick!  I didn't feel any pain until the numbing drops wore off about half an hour after the procedure.  When I got home, my eyes were burning pretty bad and watering like crazy.  I laid in bed and finally took some medicine to help me sleep.  Around 4 1/2 hours later, I woke up a brand new person.  I could still feel some irritation, but I was amazed at how well I could see! 

Today when I woke up, my eyes felt great!  I'm still getting used to the fact that I'm not wearing glasses or contacts and can actually SEE.  I found myself this morning looking for my glasses when I first woke up, and then realized, oh yeah, I don't need them. 

I think having this surgery was a great decision for Grady and I.  I know that we are going to love it!  No more glasses in the Gaschler house!

No comments:

Post a Comment