Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mama's Spring Break

I wasn't one of those lucky college kids who got to go to Padre or Cabo or any other beachy place for Spring Break.  Nope, instead, I was excited that I got to stay on campus and get a whole 40 hours of work that week.  Now that's pathetic...ahh, the life of a poor college kid. 

However, now that I'm 39, I finally got to go away for Spring Break!  No, I didn't party on the beach half naked with my friends.  I spent most of my time with my butt planted in a lounge chair by the pool reading a book, soaking up the sun, and having other people bring me food and drinks.  The perfect "old lady spring break"! 

Grady had a business trip to Palm Springs, so I tagged along.  I had never been to PS, and when I looked at where it was on a map, I was a little disappointed that it was in-land and not on the coast.  However, it is SO BEAUTIFUL there!  I experienced my first "outdoor" airport.  The hallways between the terminals were all outside!  Must be nice to have year-round weather so nice that your airport doesn't have to be covered!  There were beautiful mountains surrounding the whole area as well as lakes and golf courses.  The whole city seemed to be very manicured.  Our resort was gorgeous, too.  It was surrounded by two golf courses and had flowers and lakes all over the place.

Grady had to work each morning, so I had the luxury of going on morning runs that were amazing.  It's so much easier huffing and puffing through miles when you have gorgeous scenery to take your mind off of it!  I also treated myself to a manicure one day and a massage.  It's nice to spoil yourself now and then!  Grady had to "work" on the golf course a couple afternoons, so on those days I was perfectly content sitting by the pool in the 85 degree sunshine being a lazy California girl.

On our last full day there, we found a mountain with a hiking trail and decided to venture up it.  The views were so pretty.  How I wish we had mountains to hike in KS!

By the end of the trip, I was tanned, relaxed, and really missing my girls.  Thank you, honey for taking me on this trip!  And, thank you to Tom & Judy for keeping the girls!

Here are some pictures of our trip:  Palm Springs



No comments:

Post a Comment