Wow! Where did 2010 go? The first week of January is over and I am just now putting up my Christmas post. This past Christmas we decided to travel to Atlanta to get away from the bitter cold and snow and to visit Scott and Megan. We had a great time in Atlanta visiting the Georgia Aquarium, competing in our annual bowling games, and spending time with family. Did I say we went to Atlanta to get away from the snow? Well, on Christmas day we were scheduled to fly back home in the early afternoon so we could still have a "mini Christmas" at our house letting the girls open presents from us and Santa. However, the one year we go to Atlanta was the 1st year in 128 years (yes, that's right, I googled it!) that Atlanta had a white Christmas! And yep, you guessed it, there was NO snow back home! Our 1pm flight was cancelled and we were moved back to 7pm. I was hoping and praying that THAT flight wouldn't get cancelled! Well, everything was on time and we boarded the plane. The wings needed to be de-iced so nearly 3 HOURS later, the plane took off. We made it home at 11:30pm on Christmas night, let the kids open presents, and then we all passed out! Overall, the trip was great, Scott & Megan were great hosts, the kids had fun, and we had a lot of family togetherness! The only thing that would've made it perfect for me is if my family would've been there. I really missed my mom, dad and brother. Maybe one of these days we'll all live closer together...
 |
| ♥ Grandma Judy and her whole crew ♥ |
 |
| Annual bowling trip |
 |
| Little hands, little ornaments...I ♥ this picture |
No comments:
Post a Comment